Knowing when to buy clothes can really help and stretch your budget. Don’t feel like you have to go out and buy the first sweater you see in August. Here are 6 tips on when and where to buy clothes.
1. Shop seasonally correct. Buy when that season is almost over. Yes there is the occasional OMG have to have this now. It’s ok to splurge, but don’t let that become a habit.
2. Don’t over buy.. Ok this sounds a little wired, right, a girl can never have too many clothes. But what I mean is don’t go and spend 300 dollars at one store at once.
3. Check for coupons and don’t be afraid to ask for a discount. Many stores offer discounts if you shop during the week verses on the weekend. Also many stores offer military, student and teacher discounts. It never hurts to ask!
4. Check your closet before you go. If you have 5 black shirts that all look almost identical you don’t want to go buy a new one when you could get something different that you don’t have.
5. Consignment stores! Sometimes we tend to frown upon shopping and these second-hand stores even though they have name brand items. They will buy your items too, if you are wanting to trade in some things.
6. Outlet malls can be great if you know your stuff, but can be tricky if you don’t. For example, Michael Kors is a great brand that I love. However they don’t give discounts at the outlets. They are the exact same price if you went to their actual stores. So don’t get tricked thinking oh what a great deal. Do your research first!
Be sure and check out these great blogs too: