I just want to start this post by giving a shout out to Altar’d State for being my new favorite store, that has Christian values and is always looking to do their part and help out. Plus, I got 5 dresses there this week for 51 dollars and saved over 370!!! wowza
Okay, so this week I’m going to cover how to save money in College, just a general helper for all those high school seniors, and all college girls alike!
1.Buy text books from Amazon or rent them from Cheg! You can sell them back to Amazon for a trade in price that you can put towards anything.
2. Try getting a part time job, that will help save money, especially if you’re like me and your parents put you on a budget! yuck
3. SAVE SAVE SAVE. Pick a savings plan and stick with it! There is the 5 dollar savings plan! Save every 5 dollar bill you get. Or right now my boyfriend and I are doing the year long savings where you start week 1 of January and save 1 dollar, the next week 2 dollars, and by week 52 of the year you have saved $1,378 dollars! What would you do with all that money?
4. Eat and cook at home! If you have roommates, take turns cooking dinner. Have each person buy one ingredient to contribute to the meal. If you must go out get a kids meal, most of them come with a cookie so thats plus.
5. Buy in bulk, water bottles, if your a diva like me and sink water is gross! Toilet paper, paper towels, trash bags laundry detergent. Anything you know you will use a lot of. Also take turns with your roomies on buying this stuff, it will save you tons.
6. Try to entertain yourselves in ways that don’t cost money or very little money. Make crafts or repurpose things. Do something outdoors like going to the lake or hiking. Have a Netflix movie night with someone who already has Netflix.. which is everyone It think.
7. Brands like Topshop, Madewell, J.Crew, Urban Outfitters, and Juicy Couture offer student discounts of 10% or more, and don’t forget to sign up for rewards cards at grocery or drug stores—they’ll be sure to save you money.
8. Remember to have fun though and it’s okay to splurge! You will never get to be this young, and this free for the rest of your life. Don’t take it for grandted
“If you will live like no one else, later you can live like no one else.”